Respect your intestine by having Right Food
Every organ is extremely essential for the proper functioning of our body. The digestive system is one of the biggest networks in our body that plays a vital role in the absorption of nutrients and minerals. We have the large and small intestines which enable the absorption of nutrients and disposal of waste from our system.
• The small intestine is present below the stomach and right above the large intestine and 90 percent of the digestion and absorption takes place here.
• After the mechanical digestion of the food, chemical digestion of it takes place in the small intestine where the proteins, lipids and carbohydrates are absorbed by it.
• The large intestine on the other hand absorbs the remaining water from the already digested food and throws the useless waste material out of the body.
As the intestines play a very important role in the digestive process, it is our duty to take care of them in the best way possible. Certain food items help us maintain a good digestive system and gut health.
• Probiotic foods are the most recommended of them all. Yoghurt, especially unsweetened yoghurt that has live active cultures is recommended for a healthy intestine.
• Food rich in fibre content also helps us have an excellent digestive system and for this we should start eating whole unprocessed food items. We should also start cultivating good bacteria that will help in fighting all intestine related disorders.
• Fat is a nutrient that most of tend to avoid to reduce weight. But this is one of the major mistakes we do when we diet. Good fat is an essential part of our human body and we should never eliminate any nutrient from our body totally.
Hence a balanced diet and good exercise will help us in having a perfect digestive system and intestinal health.
Article completely written by #GeetanjaliAhujaMengi #registered #Dietician #Leading #Nutritionist in #Bandra #Southmumbai #Mumbai #weightloss